All timings in JST.
09:00 – 09:05
Chairperson’s Opening Remarks
09:05 – 09:30
09:30 – 10:10
The Current Regulatory Landscape: Are Japan Banks Ready?
- How to navigate through capital requirements and risks for UMR phase 5?
- What are the advantages of using ISDA SIMM or standardized Grid?
- Is outsourcing collateral management during UMR phase 5 the only option?
- Does complying with UMR create opportunities for banks?
10:10 – 10:50
The State of Japan’s Clearing and Collateral Management Industry: What you need to know
- UMR Phase 5 and its implications on the clearing industry
- Regulations around Euroswap clearing and how has Brexit effected the market
- How to prepare for OTC clearing and FX clearing changes
- Moving forward in Japan with the ever-changing situation and regulations
10:50 – 11:30
Hesitancy with LIBOR: Preparation for the transition
- Do the transitional rates affect and complicate Japan’s collateral management sector?
- Will derivatives and cash markets be expected to stay the same?
- How much of a hindrance will legacy contracts and processes be?
- Optimizing collateral management processes for the transition
11:30 – 12:10
Identifying the Cheapest Route: Calculating Pre-Trade Margin Requirements
- Understand any existing or new risks and the impact on models during pre-trade phase
- Developing efficient tools for calculation and simulating risk control scenarios
- How to effectively communicate with counterparties for any existing issues
- Optimizing a workflow to cultivate efficiency
12:10 – 12:40
Building a Coherent Collateral Management Operations Workflow
- What are the current pain points in collateral management operations?
- Legacy processes that need to be renewed and refreshed
- New technology that has enhanced operations for collateral management
- Resolving IM discrepancy disputes efficiently
12:40 – 13:20
Maximizing Liquidity While Managing Risks
- The inseparable linkage between liquidity and collateral management
- Mitigating settlement risks to reduce losses
- How to manage your inventory to build liquidity
- Allocating collateral without hindering growth
13:20 – 13:20